Tuesday, July 7, 2015

July 7: Saint-Denis and Dinner Cruise

IToday, we took a field trip to Saint Denis, which is the oldest Gothic cathedral, built in the 12th century. It was absolutely beautiful, and I got to see Marie Antoinette's resting place.
You can't really tell in the last picture, but I promise Marie Antoinette is buried there. 

We also went on a dinner cruise tonight on the Seine River. We started around the Eiffel Tower and made our way through Paris. The view was breathtaking, and the food was amazing. 
Just in case you wanted to know what I wore! 
The appetizer was very strange. It consisted of a tomato with artichokes, olives, and sardines (maybe?), but it was delicious. 
The main course was steak with roasted potatoes. Very delicious. 
To be honest, I am not really sure what the dessert was. It was cold, fruity, and maybe had pistachios. I'm still not sure how I felt about it. 
After dessert, we got a very small cup of coffee. It made my heart very happy. 
Bonus picture of me before it poured down rain. 












7 comments:

Unknown said...

I spy Chapstick!

Anonymous said...

Cute outfit! I love the pink on you and the scarf.

Was Abbot Sugar (spelling is obviously horrible here) buried at St. Denis? He was alive in the 12th century or so and was very influential in the politics of the time. (Read: He drove Eleanor of Aquitaine nuts.)

Unknown said...

History nerd for the win! Suger basically built St. Denis. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suger

So did you see his grave?

Unknown said...

Omg shhh!

Unknown said...

Yes, I knew that he built Saint Denis & basically started the Gothic architectural style, but I didn't see his grave. There were only a few we had access too, and they were all from the monarchy.

Anonymous said...

My sweet petite Bebe looking so pretty!! Lov
Momma

Unknown said...

All from the monarchy! Good grief, isn't that why they had a revolution?

Also, I can't see the Chapstick on my iPad and I feel left out. #thestruggleisnotreal